top of page

Accredited Certifications, Diplomas, and Courses for over 300,000 Technicians nationwide

How to get your EPA 608 Certification in Charlotte

Getting certified and taking some classes while working with dangerous chemicals is usually a good idea. A wealth of knowledge is available on certifications, including locating the best certification source and the information you require. Certificates are highly prized in every profession since they demonstrate a thorough mastery of the subject. It's never a bad idea to appear to be the industry expert when promoting your services, but are extensive qualifications worth your time? Let's look at it.

EPA certification (EPA 608 certification) is an EPA-approved testing program for any HVAC or Refrigeration technicians handling refrigerants. If you want to work in HVAC, you need your EPA certification.

Why should you get an EPA certification?

Before you're permitted to start tinkering with various chemicals and dangerous electrical systems, you'll need to invest some time in schooling and meet a couple of the EPA's guidelines if you're trying to get into the consistently busy field of HVAC technicians. You must obtain a specific kind of EPA certification before being permitted to be in the vicinity of the hazardous refrigerants that HVAC technicians need to be familiar with and at ease using to repair, install, and select the best air conditioning appliance for their clients.

This education and training are essential because incorrect identification and usage of these substances could result in more damage than just a slight increase in ozone layer destruction. Incorrect handling of these compounds could result in fatalities and bodily injuries. Refrigerants can destroy HVAC systems and other objects that dare to stand in their way. Refrigerants can hurt whatever they contact, including you, and affect the environment.

How to get your EPA 608 Certification in Charlotte

Types of EPA certification

You will require a few key certificates regardless of whether you anticipate that your future business will come from home or commercial clients. Depending on the kind of service in demand in your area, you can expand your training.

Small appliance service is the only focus of certification Type I, while disposal of high- and very-high-pressure appliances other than MVACs (motor vehicle air conditioning) is covered in certification Type II. Low-pressure appliance maintenance and disposal are governed by Type III certification. Finally, the Universal certification covers all three of the kinds mentioned above.

You can get your EPA for free!

SkillCat is offering our EPA online course and EPA test 100% free for anyone who wants it - 100% free and 100% online from the comfort of your home.

If you want to get your EPA certification through SkillCat, it is 100% FREE! We have a well-taught online EPA training course and tons of EPA 608 practice tests, and the EPA approves us to proctor EPA exams and provide certificates online.

Unlike other training organizations, SkillCat's goal is not to make money through our training and EPA certifications. We help technicians get great jobs; if more technicians are EPA-certified, there are more technicians we can place into excellent jobs!

And one of our users just got a raise of 4$/hour because of the EPA!

You can also get a job!

Once you complete the online HVAC training and EPA courses, you will have the option to join SkillCat's talent network. You can also get an HVAC Trade School Diploma for free! SkillCat has partnered with leading HVAC companies; they are all hiring right now! Companies will look for new hands from the talent pool since you have proven your ability through training, simulations, and testing.


bottom of page